What Is Camera Ready Makeup?
These images are of my lovely Sarah from Wild Bees Beauty. Sarah and I have been working together for about 8 years. I recently read that the average time a photographer stays with one hair and makeup artist is 1 year. 1 year. Can you believe that Sarah and I have been a team for 8 years? Well, that means that Sarah knows exactly what camera ready makeup is.
Let’s Dive In
Let’s dive into camera ready makeup. What it is and what is it not.
Camera Ready Makeup Is:
- Contoured in the right places for your face, not the standard contour.
- Applied more heavily than everyday makeup so the camera can see it.
- Reduces the look of blemishes and spots.
- Highlights your best features.
- Even a natural look will make you look like you.
It Is Not:
- Done with drugstore products, instead professional products are used.
- Learned from watching a few tutorials, instead years and years of practice and expertise goes into it.
- Is not done in 5 minutes, instead Sarah takes her time and does it right.
It’s About You
That means that you can expect professional application, with professional products. It usually takes about 30 to 50 minutes to apply a face of makeup, depending on the style of makeup you want. And there is another key phrase: you want. Sarah asks all the right questions and listens to what you are trying to communicate. She has learned over the years that my smoky eye may be very, very different than someone else’s smoky eye.
I appreciated all that Sarah has done to make camera ready makeup look so good on my clients. She is truly incredible to work with and I feel blessed to have worked with her for such a long time.
PS. Sarah is wearing my favorite jumpsuit that I let her borrow. You can find something similar HERE. It runs really large, so get a size or two smaller than you normally wear.
If you need a session with makeup, please contact me HERE.